Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Bazmcc

Bazmcc's Castlewellan show honest Q and A.

thanks man, means allot. majority of what you said i have been meaning to do too lol but it's not for getting much more attention till winter. if the exhaust wasn't steel it would be polished long ago :( tinted lights though?
You could always get a stainless steel bit fitted. It would be easier to polish and would also go mad colours when it heats up. I think tinted lights might keep the agressive type of style to match the arches and black bumper.

Hello all. New member and first post. Really enjoyed the show on Saturday as it was really the first proper show I had had my car in. Was at harmony hill and ballymena fest last year with my old car but never been to a dub show. I would be interested to know the results of the passats if anyone has them. Who got marks for what and why, and what are the judges looking for?
One of the team might be able to get you your car's score sheet. In the first post is an outline of exactly what I look for. I would expect that the other judges would have a similar criteria.

It is an extensive list and I appreciate all the work that goes into organising such a good show. Would just love to see a list of the winners like it was done for dubshed. Also as it was my first show would love feed back on my car. What people thought, what would look good etc etc.

Car sits nice and you've got the tyre sizes bang on but I don't really like the wheels. it might be the black and silver thing going on with the bolts. It all looks a bit busy or something. Maybe if the bolts were black. Has potential to go for the stealth look though. I like the tail lights. they remind me a wee bit of this: 16eo7.jpg

When I ordered the wheels I thought the centres were dark grey rather than black. I've also looked at replacing the mercedes centres on them. Tail lights were done with lamin-x gun smoke and might change them to light tint. Not a massive fan of the murdered look and the car has alot of chrome as standard. My main aim is to have something that turns heads and something that hasn't been done before. The wheels, to my knowledge, are the only ones in the country. I had custom 8mm spacers made to get the offset and the stance I'm after. The AP coilovers were chosen for comfort, not ultra lows. The custom LED taillights are my favourite mod, but on a bright sunny day with cars parked all round me they weren't to be seen!

6588d4e3.jpg The inners are custom to add an extra ring, and the centre of the outer tail lights is cancelled so it also becomes a ring. It's known as skyline lights for obvious reasons. Then the lamin-x is added on. Ive also added factory door entry lights and footwell lights as well as swap round every bulb in the car for LEDs.

Hi Baz this thred is begining to look like "Ask Baz" :lol: But i wonder could you give me some advise on how i could move my project on? i drive the White mk1 Clipper running ATS Cups and am stumpped on how to move on, I know that i need to do detail work on the engine etc. But is there any thing else? Cheers Jon

Totally depends on how far you want to go. Interior revamp, different dash, carbon fibre, bigger brakes, powdercoat all the chassis/suspension parts, bigger engine, colour change? There's loads of things you can do but the engine bay is one of the most enjoyable bits if you get it right. Shaving the stuff you don't need and a wire tuck will make a huge difference to it. Then get all the bare aluminium bits like the alternator case powdercoated or painted. You could either go for a contrasting colour to stand out, or you could colour match, or a ceramic coating, or one of many different black finishes. How long is a piece of string, or how deep are your pockets?