Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Gavin

Castlewellan 2011

Are the judging sheets for this printed yet? And if not can there please be no 'stance' category in it. To a lot of people a car has no stance if the arches aren't sitting on the tyres which is ridiculous. There should be a 'brakes, suspension, chassis' category instead, marked on the condition, cleanliness, mods, etc done to those components.

Are the judging sheets for this printed yet? And if not can there please be no 'stance' category in it. To a lot of people a car has no stance if the arches aren't sitting on the tyres which is ridiculous. There should be a 'brakes' date=' suspension, chassis' category instead, marked on the condition, cleanliness, mods, etc done to those components.[/quote'] Point taken Barry, a lot of people put a lot of effort into getting their car "sitting right" though which can be translated into "stance", just a bit more general to make the judging easier......"brakes, chassis and suspension" category judged on their cleanliness, good idea but maybe is more of a concours thing surely? We're open to ideas though and prefer the judges to use their own discretion :)

Think stance is a bit of a thing that should be carefully considered. I think providing the 'stance' of the car is in keeping to the overall look of the car it shouldnt really matter that much as to how low it is. certain cars look amazing dropped down to the floor and that is obviously the look they are aiming for but not always the best route for other cars and the style they are going for. Still really looking forward to the show and getting around to see all the cars. Weather please be good! PLEASE

Not really. You ask any older person what stance is and they're look at you like you've got 2 heads but they'll know if a car looks good the way it sits whether it's standard height or raised or lowered. Plus I hear people saying that a car has no stance just because it's not lowered enough, or it's got crap stance because the wheels aren't tucking. What about standard stance? Concours would be an extreme version of what you would call cleanliness. I mean clean in general, doesn't have to look like it's just came out of the box but if it's covered in cow dung and never ever been cleaned since it was fitted 10 years ago then obviously they shouldn't get as many points as someone who's spent time cleaning the underside of their car and their chassis components and kept their brakes free of dust and dirt. Overall look would cover the car's height and if it suits the way it's sitting in my opinion. I just think stance is a word that's crept in from the scenesters and has nothing to do with the condition and style of a car with regards to judging. I see your point about summing up a category of judging in one word but I think Stance (which relates only really to suspension height and wheel spacing in my opinion) leaves out a lot of other elements.

lol, think we are both singing of the same sheet here with 'stance'. I love the concept but think it should be an overview of the car and not just 'how low can ya go'. fyi- think ur going to open up a kettle of worms by ur first sentence lol. OLDER PEOPLE! lol. Age is a state of mine. Im with the grumpy oldies in mindset!

Maybe I should rephrase that.. lol. I own a 71 fastback, I'm all for lead loading instead of filler, and I have a good selection of hammers in my garage that can fix anything. I'm already there.

Consider "Stance" removed then, the "overall look" section can encompass that which is fair enough :) Think someone that isn't into all that (as in the whole "stance" thing) doesn't actually realise the work involved in wheel fitment which includes tyre choice, offsets, rim widths, adapter sizes, how the suspension is set up to achieve the look, bodywork built around wheels, etc etc It is NOT about how low the car sits or how much poke or tuck it has, it's about how well executed the said wheel fitment is. It's a different era we're in now and all sides of the VW interest have to be considered, young and old. Agreed it's not everyone's bag but for those who are into it it's good to have the recognition.

Actually....just hoked out last year's judging sheet for Castlewellan and "Stance" isn't on it lol... I think it was on it for Dubshed however which has a few more categories for judging. Castlewellanjudgingsheet2010-2.jpg

Consider "Stance" removed then, the "overall look" section can encompass that which is fair enough :) Think someone that isn't into all that (as in the whole "stance" thing) doesn't actually realise the work involved in wheel fitment which includes tyre choice, offsets, rim widths, adapter sizes, how the suspension is set up to achieve the look, bodywork built around wheels, etc etc It is NOT about how low the car sits or how much poke or tuck it has, it's about how well executed the said wheel fitment is. It's a different era we're in now and all sides of the VW interest have to be considered, young and old. Agreed it's not everyone's bag but for those who are into it it's good to have the recognition.
Completely agree and well explained. There are a lot of people that have spent a serious amount of time effort and money getting their set up just right and they should be certainly rewarded for that. I also think that there are a lot of people out there that do not see how much goes on in to it and how hard it is to get right so credit to those who do it and do it well. Think what I am saying and maybe a couple of others may agree is that there are people who dont consider that element of modification as an important factor on their own car, and they shouldnt be penalised for not doing it to the same degree. Their cars perhaps have other X Factor fetures that should and im sure will be considered. Comes down to personal preference. Cheers for explaining tho as I had no idea how much actually needed to be considered. No cutting springs here lol!!!

On another note anyone know what the forecast is for the weekend? Would love it to be a nice day out rather than diving for the umbrella every 15 mins like Ballymena

If anyone has them I'd like one of those clips that you use to keep the bonet open. Like a key chain thing? Can't remember what they are called ....

If anyone has them I'd like one of those clips that you use to keep the bonet open. Like a key chain thing? Can't remember what they are called ....
Have considered getting these made for GTINI if there is enough interest..